Table of Contents
Google Ads for Salon and Spas - Everything You Should Know
This is your guide to Google Ads for Salon and Spa – Salons and spa owners are missing out on the opportunity that Google Ads provides for their businesses. Salon businesses are local businesses catering to an audience in a specific area. Most salon owners depend on word-of-mouth advertisement and customer care to get clients in the door. Even though these are still great things to have as a business, with the digital state of the world today, you can’t solely rely on traditional modes of advertisement as they will not take your brand to the next level.
A lot of experts rely on Google Ads for salon and spa, and other digital marketing tools to get a larger reach for their business. In this article, we will shed light on what Google Ads are and how they can benefit your salon and spa business.
Google Ads for Salons - An Overview
Quick question. Does your salon appear on the first page of Google when you enter keywords unique to your location? No? This could be because you are not utilizing all the digital marketing tools at your disposal effectively. Many salon owners rely on Facebook ads to reach their potential audience. While this is good, it is limiting as many potential customers turn to Google search responses to make purchasing decisions. So, if your business appears at the top of the search result page or even on the first page, your audience will trust your business more, and this could lead to sales. This is why Google Ads are very crucial.
The downside of Google Ads for salon and spa is that if your business does not appear on the first page, potential customers usually give up and end up purchasing the brands they find on the first page instead of moving to the second page. This is why you need to step your Google Ads game up, so your audience can find you with ease. The great thing about a Google Ad is that you are reaching out to people who have already decided to make a purchase; all they need is to find the right salon or spa, and your brand can be the timely solution they need.
Why Your Salon Website and Landing Page Are Important
Your landing page on your salon website is the first page your audience sees when they click on your ad. It is specifically created for an ad campaign and aims to convert inquiries to hard sales. Regardless of the number of services your salon or spa offers, you need to find the ones you are great at and create specific landing pages for them. You can focus on hair extensions, massage therapy, facials, waxing, etc. and create a simple, yet fantastic landing page with landing page best practices in mind. Your website designer should be well aware of the tactics needed to create an optimized landing page for Google Ads.
Note that a landing page is not a website. Ideally it is a webpage on your website. This means, there are certain things your landing page should have to enable you to get those clicks and make fast sales. Your landing page should have;
- A call to action: this a simple statement (usually with a button) that customers will click to take action or make a purchase. Example; “Book an appointment”, “Talk to an expert”, and many more.
- A catchy headline: This needs to grab the attention of potential customers and keep them on the page.
- Great Visuals: Your landing page needs to look fantastic in terms of images and the overall theme. Since you run a salon and spa business, you can use some before/after pictures if you have good ones. If not, you can get some high quality, royalty-free images from sites like Pexels, Pixabay, or Unsplash.
- Previous clients: you likely have tons of happy clients that rave about you. Use that. This will make your potential clients more confident in your brand and will push them to click that button.
Once you set up your landing page, you can now create your ad.
- You would have to create a profile on Google Adwords, fill in all the required information needed to get started. This is really easy.
- Next, choose your budget type. We advise you to start small and work your way up, especially if you are in a small city as opposed to a big one.
- Choose your keywords or key phrases. Your keyword should include the service you are offering and your location. For example, if you offer facials in New York, your keywords should be like; New York facials, facials in New York, facials near me, etc.
With all these in place, you can now write your google ad easily. Make sure you have Google Analytics on your website to help you keep track of how your ad is performing on Google and the number of clicks you are getting.
The Benefits of Google Ads for Salon and Spa
Google Ads will;
- Increase your brand awareness with a wider reach
- Work faster than SEO, and is a great supplement to SEO
- Help you stay above the competition
- Track and manage your online presence
- and so much more!
The Pitfalls of Google Ads for Salon and Spa
Google Ads isn’t all sunshine, and that is something you should know. Here are a few of the pitfalls of Google Ads for Salon and Spas:
- You pay what Google tells you, this often depends on the competitiveness of your market, and the amount of search volume
- You don’t own Google
- Takes a lot of time to manage
- Steep learning curve, it often makes sense to hire an agency or freelancer to consult with you
Wrapping Up Why Your Salon Needs Google Ads
As earlier stated, Google ads will take your business directly to clients you did not even know existed. As a salon business owner, it is the best way to target people, build an audience, and a fantastic clientele at a low cost. What are you waiting for? Take advantage of Google Ads for salon and spa and see the fantastic results.